The next election for Sulphur Bluff ISD School Board is scheduled for November 8, 2022.
Election for November has been cancelled. Certification for unopposed candidates for school board will be conducted at the regular November SBISD Board Meeting.
For updated information, please contact the Superintendent’s Office.
General rules and dates for elections.
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot in a school district’s general election is the 30th day before the filing deadline. The filing deadline for a general election is 5 p.m. on the 78th day before election day. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.055(a); Tex. Elec. Code § 144.005. The deadline to file a declaration of write-in candidacy is 5 p.m. on the 74th day before election day.
An individual is eligible to be a candidate if the person:
• is a United States citizen;
• is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
• has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
• has not been finally convicted of a felony;
• has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and resides in the district from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the election date.